Followers

Friday, February 7, 2014

My Only Hope


From the moment I awake at the break of dawn and morning dew, the snares are set for my entrapment. 
My only option is to run into You.
My only hope is the washing of Your Word over my mind and my heart. 
I cannot pretend to be free from your Presence and secure in my own flesh.
I cannot attempt to live this life on my own.
You have been my refuge even when I didn't know I needed a haven.
You have been my Light when I couldn't see that I was in the dark.
There is no other choice.
There is no other response but to choose You.
In my weakness, I see my need for You.
But oh Lord, let me see my need before my fault lays before me.
Let me see my need for You when I feel strong.
May I abide in Your love all the days of my life.
May I never escape Your truth over my heart.
May I always seek to find my salvation in You.
My only hope is in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment