Followers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

I've Seen The Light...

Okay, NOW we are getting somewhere. Last night, I wasn't too sure of this whole thing. I even found myself questioning, "What the heck am I doing?" I felt pain in places I didn't know you could feel. However, in the morning, after making home made apple sauce/juice in the Vitamix using 2 whole apples and drinking a tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar, I began feeling much better! I am starting to feel a little better each day! Like I wrote yesterday, "things get worse before they get better," I know that sounds terrible, but if you can make it through the detox, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! It's true!

Therefore, we got a great start with a smoothie my friend found called "Kalelicious." It is tasty and has a bright flavor. It requires the curly kind of kale, baby spinach, 1 or 2 lemons depending on how many people, fresh apple juice (made from a vitamix or juicer is better), one frozen banana, and we modified it by adding a little Simply Limeade, and Maca powder. After blending, you have yourself a tasty, nutritious smoothie!

Maca Powder: The Great Discovery!

Some interesting facts about Maca powder: Research reveals that, Lepidium meyenii, known commonly as maca, is an herbaceous biennial plant or annual plant from the high Andes of Peru and Bolivia. It's also grown in some parts of Brazil. It is grown for its fleshy hypocotyl (actually a fused hypocotyl and taproot), which is used as a root vegetable and a medicinal herb. One bag pictured below contains 100% pure raw maca powder that is certified organic, kosher, vegan and raw. Four alkaloids are present in maca that are known to nourish the endocrine system.



Maca root has been used as a stress-fighting adaptogen to increase stamina, boost libido (great for married couples) calm inflammations, clear skin conditions, and fight fatigue. It is also a nutrient-dense whole food full of vitamins, plant sterols as well as many good minerals, fatty and amino acids.  You can find it at Whole Foods and a big bag will last you about 6 months or more.

You start by only using no more than just a tablespoon a day for beginners. As your body adjusts, if is not sensitive to it, then you can increase it to more tablespoons a day for each person. However, too much Maca is not good for the body and a person can have negative side effects such as insomnia. A little bit a day will help give you energy and I am seeing these positive effects! Bon appetite everyone! Here's to a long and healthy life in Jesus' name!

No comments:

Post a Comment