Followers

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Peculiar People...

Well one thing's for sure, we are a peculiar people. I mean, thinking about it, someone tells you something good about food and a good way to eat, and what works for some may not work for you. Yesterday, I have to admit was a very hard day. I had zero energy and felt like I was going to faint all morning. No, I am not pregnant. My conclusion? I am deficient in something and my body is trying to let me know that it needs something. The "whole" (no pun intended) idea behind this blog is that we would learn a better way of living regarding our diet.

Please hear what I am NOT saying, "that everyone should do exactly what we are doing." We are a peculiar people in the sense that each of our body chemistries are different. We each have different DNA. This is what makes us individuals and God has made each of us with unique design. Amazing revelation. Here is also one of the main ideas of this blog: that food, not pills, but FOOD, which God made to nourish us, can help to HEAL our bodies. I don't have every piece of knowledge on it, but I know this is true.

So, here is where it begins! I am doing the research from many resources. In addition, the internet is full of  amazing discoveries about this topic as it is a growing trend among American consumers. It should be because our country has made some poor choices regarding food. What you can do as our friends: encourage us or join us by doing your research too! It's fun doing life the Kingdom way.

Below you will see the trailer to a documentary we saw a few days ago that, well, it changed our lives for the better! If you have not seen this documentary, "Forks Over Knives," please do yourself a favor and watch it today. By the way, I am feeling better and after a Vitamin B12 supplement taken yesterday, I am getting back on track. Eating a plant based diet sometimes requires an extra dose of Vitamin B12, especially if you are a beginner.  Another lesson learned. Now it's time to make a mixed berry smoothie this morning. Here's to good health and long life in Jesus' name!



No comments:

Post a Comment